Area Director General Overview (Roles & Responsibilities)
- See District Leadership Manual, Area Director section (pages 39-40). As Area Director, you serve as the direct liaison between the district and the clubs. You keep clubs informed, offer guidance and support to club leaders and members, and help clubs achieve excellence.
- Area Directors represent our district and Toastmasters International. Professional dress and behavior are expected at district events and visits.
- Area Directors conduct club visits twice a year within their respective areas (usually 4-6 clubs) to understand how to support and meet the needs of each club. Club-visit reports must be submitted by the specified deadlines (November 30th and May 31st).
- Area Directors conduct club-officer training twice a year
- Area Directors conduct area speech contests twice a year
- Area Directors attend district training (see DEC dates listed in District 6 2017-2018: Key Dates)
- Area Directors contribute to their division and district team, helping teammates and the team achieve their respective goals. Conflict and disagreement should be handled in a civil, professional manner so it doesn’t impact the team and the team’s mission.
District 6 2017-2018: Key Dates
District Leader Qualifications and responsibilities