- Speechcraft main page – for members and clubs interested in conducting a Speechcraft
What will you learn in Speechcraft?
By participating in a Speechcraft program, you will learn how to:
– Speak without fear in front of small and large groups of people
– Prepare effective speeches in a limited time frame
– Improve your presentation skills and win the respect and admiration of your colleagues
– Lead effective meetings and increase your management potential
How will Speechcraft meet your needs?
The Speechcraft program:
– Is designed for beginners in public speaking
– Is a hands-on program that provides the “how-to” and practical experience in public speaking and leadership
– Is cost effective; the cost for a 6-8 week Speechcraft is significantly less than other public speaking and leadership courses
– Promotes an atmosphere of professional camaraderie dedicated to personal improvement
– May be tailored to meet your personal objectives
How does the Program work?
Each Speechcraft participant experiences a wide range of communication experiences. Each participant receives a Toastmasters Speechcraft Handbook and other valuable reference materials. The initial prepared speeches are designed with the novice speaker in mind. No experience is needed. A variety of assigned short speeches help participants develop competency. During each meeting a short impromptu speaking session is conducted to help participants learn to think and speak effectively on their feet. After giving a prepared speech, each participant receives a constructive speech evaluation. Upon completion of the basic course, you will have the option to continue your training at a Toastmasters Club.
When and where is Speechcraft conducted?
A variety of Speechcraft programs are conducted throughout District 6 each year. For more information, please contact the Speechcraft Chair by using the Contact Form.