Website Excellence Program (WEP)
Submission date extended to April 15, 2017!
District 6 is encouraging its club to make their club websites excellent. Please consider submitting your website for WEP qualification.
To be considered for the Web Site Excellence Program, every club website must have the following:
● Current Toastmaster Branding Logo (Toastmasters Brand Manual)
● A link to the club’s Website on the corresponding Toastmasters International “Find a Club” web page.
Points for WEP features:
PR team will assign awards based on 10 requirements for achieving District 6’s WEP award as listed below. The features listed below must be visible on the PUBLIC side of your club’s web page.
- Welcome message or invitation to attend on Home Page
- Contact Us Page or (Phone and/or Email Address)
- Meeting information / directions (location, directions, date, time)
- Recent photos of club meetings/events, includes current members.
- At least 3 member bios/testimonials on a member’s page (or similar) (State benefits received from Toastmasters membership)
- Current club officers listed on the Website
- Link to a Social Media (e.g., Facebook, MeetUp, Twitter, YouTube, ..)
- List of CC and CL components
- At least three supporting content pages that are not simple links to others content (e.g. About our meeting, President’s welcome message, FAQ’s, a sample Meeting Agenda, Newsletters, etc.)
- Links to both District 6 and Toastmasters International Website
One of the most important functions of the website is to allow a prospect to ask a question and get a prompt answer. Sometime after your club’s site review is completed, the WEP action committee will ask for information from you “Contact Us” link. To qualify as a Gold Site, your club must respond within 24 hours. In all fairness, the test will occur Monday to Friday and not on a holiday.
- Gold Star Website – 9 or 10 points and qualify for the secret shopper.
- Silver Star Website – 7 or 8 points
- Bronze Star Website – 5 or 6 points
All submissions received by April 15, 2017 will be reviewed. In the comments box please do specify the level for which you are asking to be reviewed.
Clubs which receive a Gold, Silver or Bronze Star award for website excellence will be recognized at the Spring Conference, displayed on the District 6 website and be allowed to display the website excellence level on their website.
For Questions, please contact the Club Website Excellence Chair.